Digital Church Brings Jesus to Iran’s Ethnic Minorities: Mission Network News

by Katey Hearth

Iran (MNN) — The death of 22-year-old Kurdish woman Mahsa Amini sparked months of unrest last fall in Iran. Two female reporters faced a Revolutionary Court this week for their coverage of Amini’s case.

Amini quickly became the poster child for how Iranian authorities treat women and minorities. Today, “ethnic minorities are facing the brunt of the [regime’s] control, oppression, and violence,” Transform Iran’s Lana Silk says.

Now, more than ever, Iranians need to be able to access the Gospel in their heart languages.

Persians are the largest ethnic group in Iran, comprising roughly 60 percent of the population. Dozens of other ethnic groups speaking various languages make up the remaining 40 percent.

“These minorities need ways to fellowship in safe places and connect with the Gospel in their own languages. That is the future of the digital church,” Silk says.

Transform Iran gathers and strengthens Iranian Christians in a digital platform called the Persian Community Church. More than 20,000 believers and seekers meet online each month.

“Right now, our digital services are largely in the Farsi language,” Silk says.

“We have begun creating breakout rooms [and] prayer rooms in the different ethnic languages of Iran.”

Help Transform Iran expand its reach here.

Most importantly, pray. Ask the Lord “to give us wisdom, openings, favor,” Silk requests.

“[Pray for] resources to get these projects off the ground and to reach communities that need to hear the Gospel.”

Originally posted on: Mission Network News.

Published on
1 June 2023
Former Global Leaders Urge Action Against Iran: Mission Network News Iran: Change is Coming, But Are We Ready?: Mission Network News

Donate Today

Funds go directly to ensuring the gospel is preached, converts are rooted in the Word, and leaders are raised that will bring the transforming love of Christ to Iran – and beyond.